Ford Motor Company is an American car manufacturer, one of the largest companies in the U.S., as well as one of the world leaders in terms of manufactured and sold cars. In addition to the main manufacturer Ford, the company owns the American brand Lincoln, a manufacturer of luxury cars.
In the past, Ford owned such companies as Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar and Aston Martin. Accordingly, some models may use common platforms, be unified to some extent and use common spare parts. The same applies to Ford engines, which can also be found on other vehicles of related brands.
The range of Ford motors is very wide: the smallest is a liter in-line three-cylinder EcoBoost, then the popular four Zetec, Duratec, EcoBoost and their predecessors. These are followed by the V6 and the legendary V8, which includes a big-block and small-block, competitors of the famous Chrysler Hemi and Chevrolet engines. These Ford motors can be found in such popular cars as Ford Mustang, F-Series, Explorer, Expedition, Thunderbird, GT and others.
At the same time, Ford V8s were installed on the Volvo XC90, various Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar and even the Koenigsegg CCR, in a modified version using supercharging. Other Ford configurations were not very common. In addition to gasoline motors, Ford also produced diesel ones, mainly four-cylinder and V8, for large off-road Ford and Range Rover.
The models include vans, pickup trucks and of course the popular Mustang. Most people know the 302 more commonly as the 5.0-liter engine. It is mostly due to the fact that 5.0 emblems were placed on Mustangs starting in the early 80s.
Starting its run in 1968, Ford’s 302 entered several of its models and for 27 years it reigned supreme. Thus, the 302 is a refined five-liter V8 5.0 from the Coyote family. It has an aluminum cylinder block, forged pistons and connecting rods, reinforced cylinder heads made of aluminum alloy, 80 mm throttle. Ford Racing engineers refined the compression ratio to 11.0:1, the lubrication system and the crankcase shape to ensure that the engine does not experience an oil hunger in tight corners. The Boss 302, equipped with a variable-length inlet path and composite inlet manifold, delivers 440 horsepower and 515 N-m.
As for the rebuild, engine resource is the mileage of the car, i.e. the duration of its work, until the moment of malfunction, which cannot be replaced by the usual adjustment and must be overhauled.
Such obvious things as a drop in engine capacity, increase in fuel and oil consumption, allocation of more toxic gases of working off (smoke of their exhaust pipe), weakening of starting properties of the engine and others are first signs of approaching overhaul. Wear of parts is the appearance of changes in parameters of any part of the car engine, its shape, size, general condition of all surfaces as a result of the impact of loads of varying degrees of severity.
- The process of wear and tear can be accelerated by violating the rules of the engine operation and its maintenance, which are specified in any passport for the car.
- Motor wear can be accelerated by your delay in changing the oil and changing the oil filter, which leads to increased friction forces on motor parts and mechanisms in worse and more adverse conditions. These forces are due to the fact that the main quality properties of the oil, such as viscosity, additive formation, growth of deposits on parts and channels are reduced. Also, there is a large amount of waste to wear products in the lubrication system. Also, poor-quality engine oil can speed up engine wear.
- A third factor affecting engine wear is the poor condition of fuel and air filters, as well as loose connection in the intake system, which can lead to the penetration of dust and dirt inside the motor, which speeds up the process of engine wear, and especially the internal combustion cylinders and piston.
- Another factor contributing to the acceleration of the motor wear process is the late elimination of various malfunctions in the motor and incorrect adjustment of its parts.
- Also, engine wear is affected by the mode in which you operate your car. The service life of your car may be reduced by 30 per cent or more of the engine is constantly running at maximum possible loads and at high motor speeds (sharp gas and sharp brake are the main enemies).
Nice driving is a very important moment in the longevity of the car engine.
If you are not satisfied with the performance of your engine, there are many things that you can do to return the powerful character of your car motor. You can install certain upgrades like a higher-performance intake or exhaust or you can mount power-enhancing add-ons like a spoiler. Or, you can get the most benefits by getting an engine rebuild kit.
This kit is a full package that consists of such parts as pistons, cams and lifters, as well as smaller hardware like pistons rings and seals. It is great for restoring a worn and ageing motor and bringing back the excellent performance that it once had.